Featured Government Story
- September 11, 2019Candidates join a call to end gun shows at the city-owned Chilhowee Park. Also up for discussion: red flag laws and KPD oversight.
- September 11, 2019A City Council resolution about police body cams on Tuesday turned into an exploration of a host of issues confronting KPD.
- September 6, 2019Mayor, police chief, candidates support studying cameras for KPD officers following the death of a hit-and-run suspect.
- September 3, 2019The outcome of the close City Council At-Large Seat C race could have been different if people who went to vote actually voted in the citywide contest.
- August 30, 2019A look at how Knoxvillians voted in the mayoral primary shows where the battlegrounds will likely be in the November general election.
- September 16, 2019Every Monday, we give you a rundown of public meetings and civic events.
- September 13, 2019A new bureaucratic option offers an opening for Tom Boyd to realize his vision for a fantasy-themed resort in South Knox County.
- September 12, 2019Knox County officials outline a $7.5 million deal to move the school system’s Central Office and free up the Andrew Johnson Building for redevelopment.
- September 12, 2019This wealthy waterfront sector south of Farragut throws its political weight behind the Republican Party.
- September 12, 2019A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- August 26, 2019Knoxville abortion rights supporters amplify voices they say are missing from the state’s debate.
- August 26, 2019Every Monday, we give you a rundown of public meetings and civic events.
- August 14, 2019A two-day state Senate hearing on a proposed abortion bill turns on viability -- both biological and constitutional.
- August 8, 2019East Tennessee gun-reform activists want to convert anger and grief at the weekend’s mass shootings into tangible results.
- July 18, 2019With 1 in 5 voting-age black residents of Tennessee disenfranchised, a national campaign works with local organizations to help ex-felons regain their voting rights.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.