Featured Government Story
- October 21, 2020City Council approves an updated master plan that will guide the development of Knoxville’s most visited park.
- October 7, 2020Council accepts a grant from the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Foundation for park improvements despite some reservations about branding.
- October 6, 2020After a pandemic-driven hiatus, city officials will resume clearing out homeless encampments and encouraging people living in them to seek services.
- October 2, 2020At Thursday’s workshop, City Council immersed itself in one of the new zoning code’s least understood provisions.
- September 23, 2020City Council approves a short-term PILOT agreement for a $91 million student apartment development near the UT campus.
- October 22, 2020A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- October 19, 2020The shake-up in County Mayor Glenn Jacobs’ administration comes as the state Comptroller’s Office launches an investigation.
- October 19, 2020Every Monday, we give you a rundown of the week’s public meetings and civic events.
- October 15, 2020A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- October 14, 2020County Mayor Glenn Jacobs did not provide details of the outside inquiry but promised transparency when it is concluded.
- October 22, 2020An analysis of local campaign donations shows advantages for Republicans and incumbents, but some competitive races.
- October 14, 2020Incumbent Republican Rep. Jason Zachary meets Democrat Justin Davis in a rematch of the 2018 race.
- October 12, 2020Businessman Eddie Mannis and attorney Virginia Couch square off to replace Rep. Martin Daniel in the Tennessee General Assembly.
- October 8, 2020Republican incumbent Becky Duncan Massey faces a challenge from Democratic newcomer Jane George in the county’s largest legislative district.
- October 7, 2020Republican Michele Carringer and Democrat Elizabeth Rowland are running to be the district’s first new representative since 1994.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.