Featured Government Story
- June 4, 2021A poll commissioned by the Knoxville Area Association of Realtors shows a majority of county voters back a new multi-purpose stadium.
- June 2, 2021A pair of donations totaling $200,000 will help launch a United Way effort to support community groups and reboot the Change Center.
- May 27, 2021The vast majority of participants in a forum on KUB’s plan to provide internet service endorse the proposal.
- May 26, 2021This year’s Council races will offer voters a range of candidates — some of them well funded, others operating on shoestring budgets — that span the ideological spectrum.
- May 21, 2021The Sports Authority holds its first meeting to determine whether to move forward with a publicly financed multi-use stadium.
- June 10, 2021A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- June 9, 2021Shifting Stories The Knox County Law Department says that the sheriff’s immigration enforcement program complies with state law. But its arguments have varied — and have sometimes …
- June 8, 2021As Knox County prepares to update its vision for the future, officials confront the difficulty of keeping up with changing conditions.
- June 7, 2021Every Monday, we give you a rundown of the week’s public meetings and civic events.
- June 3, 2021A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- May 21, 2021Some who responded to this statewide poll believe the American experiment is in trouble, but most are optimistic about the days to come.
- May 11, 2021As late-arriving Census data narrows the redistricting window, citizen groups hope for public input and transparency. History does not give reason to expect much of either.
- May 10, 2021The state's traditional base of Republican power is overrepresented in legislative leadership. But probably not for long.
- May 3, 2021A bill to let student-athletes earn money heads to the governor's desk.
- April 14, 2021Governor’s budget amendment provides state support without creating a special tax district.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.