Featured Government Story
- May 22, 2020With Knox County moving into the next phase of its pandemic response, public officials are looking forward to a return to in-person meetings.
- May 20, 2020Mayor Indya Kincannon’s spending plan got green-lighted despite questions from one Council member about priorities.
- May 18, 2020The COVID-19 pandemic touches almost every aspect of the $334.4 million budget Mayor Indya Kincannon has proposed.
- May 15, 2020Local hotels suffered terribly in April, but visitors are slowly starting to return to Knoxville as the economy reopens.
- May 13, 2020The Mayor’s Climate Council met for the first time Tuesday to begin work on steep reductions in Knoxville’s greenhouse gas emissions to mitigate climate change.
- June 2, 2020The $849 million Knox County spending plan for 2020-21 is down from the current year as the county braces for revenue declines.
- June 1, 2020Every week, we give you a rundown of the week’s public meetings and civic events.
- May 29, 2020A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- May 27, 2020Despite some members’ misgivings, Commission proclaims Knox a ‘Second Amendment Constitutional County.’
- May 25, 2020Every Monday, we give you a rundown of the week’s public meetings and civic events.
- May 11, 2020Election officials expect a surge in absentee ballots this year. Should Tennessee make the mail-in option available to everyone?
- April 21, 2020Gov. Bill Lee announces his phased restart of Tennessee’s economy will begin next week as testing ramps up across the state.
- April 14, 2020Gov. Lee maintains his Stay at Home directive but plans to begin a phased revival of the state’s economy beginning May 1.
- April 13, 2020With COVID-19 cases and unemployment claims both rising, Gov. Bill Lee is mulling whether to ease restrictions.
- April 7, 2020Local governments stand to receive nearly $9 million in state grants during the pandemic, though the money won’t be available until the summer.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.