Featured Government Story
- April 2, 2020The Guest House will provide a place where COVID-19 patients who are homeless can go into quarantine.
- April 1, 2020Kincannon backs Safer at Home with enforcement powers in the latest in a series of escalating and sometimes conflicting measures at all levels of government.
- March 27, 2020From the chief to a patrol officer, KPD’s internal probe of a sexually explicit demonstration at a roll call uncovers police policy violations.
- March 25, 2020City Council zoomed into a new era Tuesday by holding its first remote meeting as a measure against spreading the novel coronavirus.
- March 20, 2020Responding to the COVID-19 threat, the city is closing all bars and restaurants, while the county is closing bars and placing limits on restaurant capacity.
- April 2, 2020A majority of voters in this corner of the county between Farragut and Hardin Valley chooses Republican candidates.
- April 2, 2020A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- April 1, 2020For the parts of life that haven’t come to a standstill, the Knox County Clerk and the county jail adapt to the pandemic.
- March 31, 2020Reversing course, Lee places the entire state under a Safer at Home order as COVID-19 cases soar and the death toll nearly doubles.
- March 31, 2020Despite a last-ditch objection, County Commission takes the next step toward occupying the vacant East Tower.
- April 3, 2020Citing data showing voluntary measures aren’t working, the governor mandates restrictions on social and business activity to battle COVID-19.
- March 23, 2020As the state Legislature barrelled toward a budget vote and recess last week, local lawmakers saw things to applaud and lament.
- March 23, 2020Lee orders all restaurants and bars in Tennessee to close or offer only carryout or delivery service, and limits public gatherings to a maximum of 10 people.
- March 23, 2020As Tennessee healthcare professionals prepare for a tsunami of COVID-19 patients, they ask Lee for greater public restrictions.
- February 24, 2020Legislators from districts in and around Tennessee’s major cities discuss ways to promote the interests of metropolitan areas.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.