Featured Government Story
- November 14, 2019Between the primary and the general election, some second-place Council candidates made big gains — and one fell just short of a comeback victory.
- November 8, 2019Knoxville Police Department Officer Dylan Williams’ use of deadly force was justified, District Attorney General Charme Allen determined.
- November 7, 2019Indya Kincannon received the support of those living closest to the center of the city in her election as Knoxville’s next mayor.
- November 6, 2019The former school board chair attributed her victory on Tuesday to a message that resonated with city voters.
- November 6, 2019With wins by three women, including the first black candidate ever elected to a citywide office, the new City Council will be the most diverse in Knoxville history.
- November 14, 2019This North Knoxville area has residents with a wide range of incomes who reliably vote for Democrats.
- November 14, 2019A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- November 13, 2019As County Commission discusses public funding of the acclaimed music and arts festival, the lineup grows and ticket sales surge.
- November 11, 2019Every Monday, we give you a rundown of public meetings and civic events.
- November 7, 2019In West Hills, mid-century ranchers, a fiercely protective neighborhood association, and a Republican electorate shifting toward the center.
- October 8, 2019Using newly released Census data, a Sycamore Institute study focuses on income, poverty, education and health coverage in Tennessee.
- September 20, 2019Few in the state's four largest cities favor keeping marijuana completely illegal among adults.
- August 26, 2019Knoxville abortion rights supporters amplify voices they say are missing from the state’s debate.
- August 26, 2019Every Monday, we give you a rundown of public meetings and civic events.
- August 14, 2019A two-day state Senate hearing on a proposed abortion bill turns on viability -- both biological and constitutional.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.