Featured Government Story
- March 18, 2019China’s decision to stop importing most recycled materials has affected many American communities, and Knoxville is no exception.
- March 15, 2019The Planning Commission uses a local subdivision controversy to send a message: Developers should engage neighbors.
- March 13, 2019City Council on Tuesday approved nearly $600,000 for seven projects aimed at rehabilitating historic structures in Knoxville.
- March 12, 2019Volunteer Ministry Center, with the help of city taxpayers, wants to establish Knoxville’s first ‘low-barrier’ homeless shelter.
- March 8, 2019Two-term City Council member Marshall Stair wants to stitch the city together if he’s elected mayor.
- March 22, 2019Crowded schools and jails, inadequate roads and sidewalks. Lamenting a lack of planning and priorities, Knox County Commissioners plan to set some.
- March 21, 2019A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- March 14, 2019This Fountain City precinct east of Broadway is fairly evenly divided in its allegiances, though Democrats tend to get the better of their Republican rivals.
- March 14, 2019A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- March 12, 2019After estimated costs triple, Knox County kills a South Knoxville bike track championed by former Mayor Tim Burchett.
- March 20, 2019Knoxville’s Bill Dunn shepherds Gov. Bill Lee’s Education Savings Accounts bill over its first legislative hurdle.
- March 19, 2019The state Supreme Court strengthens protections for journalists reporting on judicial proceedings and public meetings.
- March 14, 2019The Legislature gears up for Gov. Bill Lee’s proposals to broaden charter authorization and school vouchers.
- March 4, 2019A UT healthcare policy expert says expanding Medicaid is needed but wouldn’t be enough on its own to prevent rural hospital closures.
- February 13, 2019A proposed change in state law would allow alcohol sales at concerts and other non-athletic events in UT Knoxville’s arenas.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.