Featured Government Story
- May 23, 2022By the end of the year, KUB should be offering high-speed internet service to up to 25,000 customers in three areas of Knoxville.
- May 18, 2022Kincannon’s $434.1 million budget proposal and the accompanying 50-cent property tax increase get reserved but solid support.
- May 16, 2022Council will take up Mayor Indya Kincannon’s proposed $434.1 million budget and accompanying property tax increase on Tuesday.
- May 13, 2022The Planning Commission approves the city’s long-term capital plan, which includes an infusion of state and federal funding for next year.
- May 5, 2022The city’s African American Restoration Task Force is gearing up to go after grants to increase investment and wealth among Black residents.
- May 23, 2022Every Monday, we run down the week’s public meetings and civic events.
- May 20, 2022A majority of survey respondents say city employee pay increases and county infrastructure upgrades are sufficient reasons to raise property tax rates.
- May 19, 2022A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- May 17, 2022County commissioners seem satisfied with the proposed budget, but they worry about what comes next.
- May 16, 2022Every Monday, we run down the week’s public meetings and civic events.
- January 18, 2022Most of Knox County’s requests to the Legislature this year revolve around increased state funding.
- January 11, 2022Tennessee mental health providers see hope for increased state funding this year.
- December 24, 2021The state House redistricting plan radically changes the boundaries of three Knox County districts and assigns a new number to one of them.
- November 19, 2021Survey respondents also believe progressive Democrats are primarily responsible for recent party losses.
- August 27, 2021Survey respondents from across Tennessee give a decidedly pessimistic forecast.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.