Featured Government Story
- September 22, 2021Labor groups seek workforce standards for the proposed multi-use stadium in Knoxville through a community benefits agreement.
- September 22, 2021After losing last year to COVID-19, ice skating will make a comeback in Market Square during the holiday season.
- September 17, 2021As County Commission begins its redistricting process, it finds that every potential change leads to complications. City Council sees an easier path.
- September 13, 2021Every Monday, we give you a rundown of the week’s public meetings and civic events.
- September 10, 2021The Planning Commission signs off on the initial development plan that could bring minor-league baseball back to Knoxville.
- September 27, 2021Every Monday, we give you a rundown of the week’s public meetings and civic events.
- September 24, 2021The vast majority of area decision-makers prefer keeping nonpartisan city and school board elections.
- September 23, 2021A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- September 21, 2021As school officials begin their move to TVA’s East Tower, the county extends its hold on the Andrew Johnson Building for six months.
- September 20, 2021The Merit System Council’s contentious relationship with Sheriff Tom Spangler escalates amid accusations of political agendas.
- August 27, 2021Survey respondents from across Tennessee give a decidedly pessimistic forecast.
- May 21, 2021Some who responded to this statewide poll believe the American experiment is in trouble, but most are optimistic about the days to come.
- May 11, 2021As late-arriving Census data narrows the redistricting window, citizen groups hope for public input and transparency. History does not give reason to expect much of either.
- May 10, 2021The state's traditional base of Republican power is overrepresented in legislative leadership. But probably not for long.
- May 3, 2021A bill to let student-athletes earn money heads to the governor's desk.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.