Featured Government Story
- June 2, 2023As the 2023 campaign season begins, we introduce the candidates for mayor, municipal judge and City Council.
- May 31, 2023Members delay consideration of a proposal to create a task force to develop an alternative response program.
- May 30, 2023Officials say a new state law governing police oversight boards won’t have a practical effect on Knoxville’s panel, despite the removal of investigative powers.
- May 24, 2023A federal default could disrupt closing on financing as construction moves forward.
- May 17, 2023City Council endorses a resolution proposed by students urging state lawmakers to pass gun safety legislation.
- May 11, 2023An unvarnished Internal Affairs report leads to a demotion and two suspensions for officers involved in the in-custody death of Lisa Edwards.
- June 1, 2023A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- May 29, 2023Every Monday, we run down the week’s public meetings and public events.
- May 26, 2023A new report from the Health Department details the increased use of naloxone to reverse overdoses and provide second chances.
- May 25, 2023A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- May 22, 2023Every Monday, we run down the week's public meetings and civic events.
- April 21, 2023A majority of survey respondents said legislators shouldn’t have been expelled and that racism played a role in the votes.
- April 10, 2023A Q&A with state Rep. Gloria Johnson about her unexpectedly wild week.
- April 10, 2023In the wake of Thursday’s expulsion hearings, national attention turns to the legislators at its center — including Knoxville Rep. Gloria Johnson.
- April 7, 2023The state House of Representatives booted two of three Democratic members who joined gun violence protesters from the chamber last week.
- March 16, 2023Tennessee state employees are likely to receive paid parental leave in next year’s budget. Will the private sector follow?
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.