Featured Government Story
- November 30, 2023The city joined Knox County in arranging for the nonprofit animal center to begin enforcement duties countywide on April 1.
- November 22, 2023Armed with a consultant’s recommendations, the city outlines a strategy to increase the business it does with disadvantaged business enterprises.
- November 16, 2023Council approves expanding incentive programs to existing apartment buildings in an effort to keep from losing affordable housing units.
- November 14, 2023Rock icon Graham Nash drops by Everly Brothers Park to pay tribute to the duo that inspired him and countless other musical legends.
- November 10, 2023An analysis of this week’s city election results shows support for the victors surged after the primary, but barely budged for the vanquished.
- December 7, 2023A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- November 30, 2023A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- November 28, 2023With farmers seeking to preserve their way of life, Knox County’s mayor will mull possible tweaks to the proposed long-range development strategy.
- November 27, 2023Every Monday, we run down the week’s public meetings and civic events.
- November 23, 2023A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- December 1, 2023As Tennessee’s uninsured population grows, a study shows that Medicaid expansion would make a big impact.
- November 29, 2023A new scholarship program for school-aged children could fundamentally reshape education in Tennessee.
- November 6, 2023At a joint meeting, state legislators sound cautionary notes about Knox County Commission priorities.
- September 6, 2023Democratic state Rep. Gloria Johnson is emphasizing family and firearms safety in her quest to unseat GOP incumbent U.S. Sen. Marsha Blackburn.
- August 24, 2023A book by two veteran political reporters recounts a half-century of Tennessee political shenanigans.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.