Featured Government Story
- January 15, 2019City Council is ready to vote on land and easement acquisitions for long-awaited Sevier Avenue improvements.
- January 11, 2019The Rogero administration plans to work with Knox Heritage to preserve the oldest building on the St. Mary’s Hospital campus.
- January 11, 2019The Knoxville-Knox County Planning Commission approves the comprehensive revision of the city’s zoning ordinance. Next stop: City Council.
- January 10, 2019Planning commissioners are poised to send their recommendation for the overhaul of the city’s zoning ordinance to City Council.
- January 9, 2019The Rogero administration has agreed to buy the North Knoxville hospital site for $1 while offering up to $16 million in tax breaks to Tennova for Middlebrook Pike developments.
- January 17, 2019Anchored by West Town Mall, this busy area with engaged neighborhoods leans toward Democrats.
- January 17, 2019A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- January 10, 2019At the northern end of Fountain City, a densely populated and politically divided district.
- January 10, 2019A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- January 8, 2019Among the issues: video visitation, lack of medical care, prolonged lockdowns and fees for commissary and communication.
- January 15, 2019The organizers of the 3rd annual Knoxville Women’s March this Saturday say they are building a platform to empower others.
- January 7, 2019Knox County’s state lawmakers return to Nashville this week with a passel of wish lists from the school board and County Commission.
- December 20, 2018After a Supreme Court decision paves the way, the Tennessee Legislature looks at legalizing sports gambling. The choice may come down to local voters.
- December 12, 2018A resolution on tonight's Knox County school board agenda is an opening salvo in a fight headed for the state Legislature.
- December 11, 2018Census data compiled by the University of Tennessee pinpoints growing and shrinking population centers across the state.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.