Featured Government Story
- January 12, 2022KCDC hopes to secure a $40 million federal grant to help pay for the transformation of Knoxville’s largest public housing community.
- January 7, 2022Planned Parenthood vows to continue providing services to East Tennessee women as investigators search for suspects.
- January 4, 2022Public safety, housing and economic opportunity will continue to be at the center of the city’s agenda.
- December 29, 2021Violent crime and KPD dominated city politics, along with the proposed multi-use stadium and an unusually partisan election.
- December 16, 2021Ronald Green, who commanded KPD’s Patrol Division, exits just before the conclusion of a sexual misconduct investigation.
- January 13, 2022A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- January 10, 2022Accusations and political salvos are launched after deputies take a law enforcement critic into custody.
- January 6, 2022A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- January 3, 2022Elections will dominate the county political calendar this year, along with an updated General Plan and decisions on Health Department leadership.
- January 3, 2022The new year kicks off with the Knox County school board on a new meeting schedule, and a pair of public input sessions on the city’s search for a new police chief.
- January 11, 2022Tennessee mental health providers see hope for increased state funding this year.
- December 24, 2021The state House redistricting plan radically changes the boundaries of three Knox County districts and assigns a new number to one of them.
- November 19, 2021Survey respondents also believe progressive Democrats are primarily responsible for recent party losses.
- August 27, 2021Survey respondents from across Tennessee give a decidedly pessimistic forecast.
- May 21, 2021Some who responded to this statewide poll believe the American experiment is in trouble, but most are optimistic about the days to come.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.