Featured Government Story
- May 24, 2019Survey respondents say that of the unfinished projects the next mayor will inherit, the redevelopment of the St. Mary’s site should top the priority list.
- May 23, 2019Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero has set new, ambitious goals for the ongoing slashing of the city’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- May 22, 2019City Council signed off on a tax incentive plan that allows the redevelopment of a downtown block to move forward.
- May 20, 2019As scooter vendors expand their fleets, Knoxville officials are considering ways to make users aware they can’t ride on sidewalks.
- May 16, 2019Candidates have filed their petitions for this year’s city election, though one mayoral hopeful was disqualified.
- May 23, 2019Holston Hills is the heart of a diverse, affluent urban district that leans Democratic.
- May 23, 2019A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- May 21, 2019Knox County Commission appears amenable to a 30 percent reduction in the county’s indigent care program.
- May 21, 2019A Knox County public defender leads a discussion of the book ‘American Prison,’ which traces the dark history of correctional privatization.
- May 20, 2019The Knaffl-Stephens House in Burlington tops the list of endangered historic properties annually released by Knox Heritage.
- May 22, 2019A rally at the federal courthouse seeks to energize abortion rights supporters for battles in Tennessee and beyond.
- May 8, 2019Energy Secretary Rick Perry announces plans for a cutting-edge supercomputer and a new research facility for Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- May 6, 2019Knox County legislators were in the thick of the most tumultuous session in years. From school vouchers to sports betting, here’s a look at what passed and what didn’t.
- April 24, 2019After arm-twisting and deal-making, Gov. Bill Lee’s school voucher bill squeaks through the House and a key Senate committee.
- April 22, 2019As the school voucher bill nears crucial votes tomorrow, Knoxville Republicans in the House and Senate are on opposite sides.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.