Featured Government Story
- January 21, 2021Amid the pandemic, the city will hold an election and is set to move forward on a variety of initiatives and projects.
- January 13, 2021Invoices show four firms have collectively charged more than $200,000 to clean up the city’s computer systems after last year’s ransomware hack.
- January 12, 2021Bar owner Scott West is petitioning city officials to allow visitors to drink beer anywhere outdoors in Market Square.
- December 30, 2020The COVID-19 pandemic was just the first in a series of crises that greeted Mayor Indya Kincannon during her first year in office.
- December 14, 2020Every Monday, we give you a rundown of the week’s public meetings and civic events.
- January 21, 2021A weekly mystery photo to test your knowledge of the local landscape.
- January 20, 2021County commissioners may vote next week on dissolving the Board of Health. In the meantime, they support more funding for pandemic homeless services.
- January 19, 2021A new initiative aims to persuade skeptical African Americans in Knox County to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- January 18, 2021How the civil rights leader’s rise was covered in Knoxville news accounts.
- January 18, 2021Every Monday, we give you a rundown of the week’s public meetings and civic events.
- January 12, 2021The Tennessee General Assembly returns to action today, in a session that will probably be dominated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- November 4, 2020Local voters turned out in record numbers for Tuesday’s election, but despite some new faces the balance of political power remains the same.
- October 22, 2020An analysis of local campaign donations shows advantages for Republicans and incumbents, but some competitive races.
- October 14, 2020An overview of competitive races and Charter referendums on this fall’s ballot.
- October 14, 2020Incumbent Republican Rep. Jason Zachary meets Democrat Justin Davis in a rematch of the 2018 race.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.