Featured Education Story
- August 4, 2022Knox County Schools is taking a simple approach to COVID-19 for the start of the new school year: Do nothing.
- July 28, 2022Lonsdale and Adrian Burnett will open new buildings this fall, while the school board prepares to purchase property in Farragut.
- July 20, 2022A well-known Democrat faces off against two independent candidates to represent the county’s only majority-minority district.
- July 14, 2022An independent candidate faces off against a Republican with a troubled track record for the open seat serving Halls and Powell.
- July 8, 2022An open seat in a politically mixed West Knoxville district draws two parents as candidates — one with a lot of money to spend.
Colleges and University News
- June 27, 2022Growing enrollments and record state funds enable the UT system to keep a cap on tuition while expanding research initiatives.
- May 25, 2022UT-Knoxville officials are considering carving up the College of Arts & Sciences into smaller units, and faculty are not pleased.
- May 24, 2022The proportion of Tennessee high school graduates going directly to college is dropping. Education leaders are looking to reverse the trend.
- April 22, 2022Survey respondents are generally supportive of new initiatives at the University of Tennessee and Knoxville College.
- April 11, 2022Under new leadership, Knoxville College looks for revival through housing for the community and workforce training.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.