Featured Education Story
- August 6, 2020Superintendent Bob Thomas says the school system doesn’t have enough teachers to handle 18,000 online students this year.
- July 27, 2020Whether they decided to keep their children home or send them back to school, Knox County parents are unhappy with the choices presented.
- July 21, 2020Ahead of schools reopening, an emergency plan aims to provide broadband access to families who need it.
- July 16, 2020The new school year will bring mandatory masks, an online option and a week’s delay to allow staff time to prepare.
- July 9, 2020The school system’s plan for reopening in the fall amid the COVID-19 pandemic isn’t finalized, but there will be a remote learning option.
- June 30, 2020As Knox County Schools sorts out options for reopening this fall, a community task force says parents need to hear more clarity.
Colleges and University News
- June 29, 2020University of Tennessee leadership pledges action on racial equity while approving a pandemic-strapped budget.
- June 26, 2020Masks, shields, isolation areas and online instruction: The University of Tennessee prepares for the fall.
- May 14, 2020A $1.235 billion plan for the Knoxville campus assumes full enrollment, occupied dormitories and an active football schedule.
- May 13, 2020Uriah Richey is graduating from the University of Tennessee without a chance to say goodbye — but with the support of a strong community.
- April 30, 2020From preservation to education to online curation, Knoxville’s museums continue their missions even while sealed off from the world.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.