Featured Education Story
- April 15, 2021While planning for emergence from the pandemic, the school board confronts the aftermath of another student’s violent death.
- April 8, 2021The school board tries to look toward the fall, but gets mired in lingering pandemic politics.
- March 12, 2021Funding Gaps Knox County spends less money per pupil than any other metro school system in Tennessee — and less than the state as a whole. by jesse fox mayshark • march 12, 2021 …
- February 11, 2021As some parents ask for an end to face coverings for students, most board members are wary of making changes.
- February 8, 2021A new Knox County high school program will provide a combination of treatment and academics for students struggling with drugs and alcohol.
Colleges and University News
- March 25, 2021As the first cohort of Knox Promise students approach graduation this spring, the pilot program is seeing success. Could it spread statewide?
- March 8, 2021How the UT Research Foundation helps move innovation from campus into the marketplace.
- December 10, 2020The Board of Trustees gives its blessings to a proposed takeover of the Middle Tennessee college, pending legislative approval.
- December 4, 2020University officials say that even with physical distancing and virtual classes, students want to be on campus as much as possible.
- November 19, 2020While pursuing her doctorate at UT, Enkeshi el-Amin fell in love with Knoxville’s Black culture and history. Now she’s staying to help nurture it.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.