Featured Education Story
- January 6, 2022The change to the board’s legislative priorities comes in the midst of shifting political winds in Tennessee.
- January 5, 2022In addition to COVID battles, 2022 will bring a new superintendent, partisan elections, and at least three new school board members.
- December 9, 2021The Knox County school board adopts a set of 10 criteria for its next superintendent, setting the stage for a national search.
- December 8, 2021Only about 40 percent of Knox County 3rd graders typically read at grade level. A new state law could hold the rest of them back.
- December 3, 2021Community members and school staff say the next superintendent should be assertive, inclusive and flexible.
Colleges and University News
- October 26, 2021The University of Tennessee wants to add 8,000 students in the next four years, despite difficult demographic trends.
- October 21, 2021During COVID, the University of Tennessee has suspended requiring ACT or SAT scores for admission. The Board of Trustees is weighing whether to make it permanent.
- October 18, 2021From stranded cargo ships to empty grocery shelves, suddenly everyone cares about supply logistics. We talk to a UT expert to understand what’s going on.
- October 12, 2021Labor and faculty groups at the University of Tennessee say Chancellor Donde Plowman committed to some of their agenda. UT will not confirm it.
- August 24, 2021Faculty and staff leaders urge administrators to do more to protect them and students.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.