Featured Education Story
- November 10, 2022A state law could lead to more than 2,500 Knox County third-graders being held back because of a single reading score.
- November 3, 2022Superintendent Jon Rysewyk is moving away from an eight-year effort to measure racial and economic gaps — but he says they remain priorities.
- October 31, 2022As more organizations look to start charter schools in Knox County, we take a look inside the only one currently operating.
- October 27, 2022Ahead of expected applications to open new schools, the Board of Education gets a refresher on how to handle them.
- October 6, 2022In split votes, the board’s Republican majority pulls out of an association with other large districts and drops discipline disparities from the superintendent’s evaluation.
Colleges and University News
- November 22, 2022UT-Knoxville intends to team up with Arizona State University to power a major expansion of its online academic programs.
- October 28, 2022UT will double the size and cost of a new building planned for the Haslam College of Business to accommodate student and faculty growth.
- October 4, 2022Some UT faculty members are openly defying the state’s divisive concepts law during a two-day classroom protest.
- September 22, 2022With new leadership and support from UT Medical Center, the Free Medical Clinic continues its mission of serving uninsured workers.
- September 21, 2022The campus administration has proposed three new colleges and a revamped but largely intact College of Arts & Sciences.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.