Featured Education Story
- April 28, 2022In his final year, Superintendent Bob Thomas presents a ‘best ever’ spending plan with across-the-board salary increases.
- April 27, 2022After eight years, Knox County Schools struggles to narrow racial and economic disparities.
- April 20, 2022In the Republican primary, board Chair Kristi Kristy faces a challenge on the right from music teacher Phil King.
- April 19, 2022For $145,000 in attorney fees, plaintiffs agree to dismiss their complaints about COVID-19 health precautions.
- April 12, 2022A pastor-turned-businessman and a grandmother-turned-activist contend for the Republican nomination in North Knox County.
Colleges and University News
- May 24, 2022The proportion of Tennessee high school graduates going directly to college is dropping. Education leaders are looking to reverse the trend.
- April 22, 2022Survey respondents are generally supportive of new initiatives at the University of Tennessee and Knoxville College.
- April 11, 2022Under new leadership, Knoxville College looks for revival through housing for the community and workforce training.
- March 30, 2022Amid faculty concerns, Gov. Lee’s proposed Institute for American Civics at UT moves closer to reality with bipartisan legislative support.
- February 28, 2022UT is looking to the South Waterfront for future growth and talking with the city about reviving a pedestrian bridge project.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.