Featured Education Story
- December 12, 2019In two 5-4 votes, the school board turns down religious release time and signals support for moving into TVA’s East Tower.
- December 5, 2019Debating whether to excuse students for religious instruction, the school board hears from pastors, parents, Satanists and teachers.
- December 2, 2019Documents lay out proposed agreements between Knox County, the Tennessee Valley Authority and Knox County Schools for taking over the East Tower.
- November 21, 2019A divided Knox County school board puts a proposed policy for outside religious instruction on its December agenda.
- November 13, 2019With free rent thrown into the mix, the move from the Andrew Johnson Building to the East Tower wins the school administration’s support.
Colleges and University News
- December 6, 2019A UT researcher’s work shows that difficult family relationships are a predictor of poor health.
- November 22, 2019Should UT make its interim president permanent? Our latest survey of local community leaders shows strong support.
- November 15, 2019Sex Week’s organizers say the event will go forward even as a new campus system for student events aims to isolate it.
- November 11, 2019A plan to move the UT system administration off the Knoxville campus gets the nod — and maybe a permanent president to go with it.
- October 30, 2019UT's full-time lecturers teach twice as many classes as tenured faculty, for less money and little job security. They are trying to change that.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.