Featured Education Story
- March 20, 2019Knoxville’s Bill Dunn shepherds Gov. Bill Lee’s Education Savings Accounts bill over its first legislative hurdle.
- March 19, 2019Lonsdale, Adrian Burnett and a new northwest building will be in the capital plan presented to the school board.
- March 14, 2019The Legislature gears up for Gov. Bill Lee’s proposals to broaden charter authorization and school vouchers.
- March 7, 2019After nearly being shut down two months ago, Career Magnet Academy reports a surge in applications.
- February 18, 2019Knox County School administrators have been struggling to complete a new strategic plan for nearly a year. Now the school board is taking over.
Colleges and University News
- March 18, 2019A national report (with a Tennessee co-chair) charts a decline in civic engagement. It also offers some solutions.
- March 15, 2019Boyd announces UT Promise, a privately endowed scholarship to make the state university free for lower-income students.
- March 11, 2019In response to J.D. Vance’s ‘Hillbilly Elegy,’ regional writers stake a claim to political and cultural diversity in the Southern mountains.
- March 4, 2019The UT Board of Trustees approves a plan to change how student activity fees are distributed, potentially shutting down funding to Sex Week.
- February 28, 2019After a career building public-private connections, Tom Rogers prepares to take the reins at UT’s research park.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.