Featured Education Story
- September 17, 2020New innovation labs at the University of Tennessee Research Park will give hard-tech start-ups a place to grow.
- August 13, 2020Concerned about inconsistencies between schools, Knox County makes clear that students, staff and visitors will need face coverings indoors.
- August 6, 2020Superintendent Bob Thomas says the school system doesn’t have enough teachers to handle 18,000 online students this year.
- July 27, 2020Whether they decided to keep their children home or send them back to school, Knox County parents are unhappy with the choices presented.
- July 24, 2020About half of local community leaders say classrooms should reopen for in-person instruction.
Colleges and University News
- August 28, 2020A union representing university staff and faculty across Tennessee calls for online classes, hazard pay and state funding.
- August 19, 2020As fall classes begin, UT Knoxville identifies its first cluster of COVID-19 cases — at a gathering of students off campus.
- August 17, 2020As UT students return to classes this Wednesday, just about everything about campus life has been altered by the coronavirus pandemic.
- August 14, 2020With 28 positive cases among students and staff, UT prepares for an unpredictable semester.
- August 10, 2020With at least seven positive cases as of last week, the college — which never closed — is an indicator of what the rest of campus could see soon.
Gain access to all content. Subscribe today.